To promote sound Islamic attitudes where children learn respect for others, form positive self images and care for their environment, so that they may actively become responsible within the community. Our school will adhere to the following fundamental principles:
- To follow the Qu’raan and Sunnah in all our actions.
- To ensure the education of our pupils is paramount.
- Respect and tolerance for all.
- Collective teamwork.
- Striving for excellence in all that we do.
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of alHikmah School will be to ensure that students attain the highest level of spiritual, moral and Islamic awareness alongside their Curricular Syllabus. The young generation will learn to familiarise themselves with the message of Islam from both the Qur’an and the Sunnah, helping them to become better Muslims.
Our aims are to create an Islamic school that will:
- Be a professional and well-run Islamic school with outstanding student academic achievement.
- Provide a balanced and comprehensive curriculum drawing on Islamic knowledge and incorporating the National Curriculum.
- Promote moral and academic excellence, whilst developing children’s spiritual needs, so that they are better equipped to meet the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
- Equip every child with the necessary skills and experiences to contribute towards the betterment of their communities and our society as a whole.
- Encourage and promote good behaviour, courtesy and discipline in children in every aspect of the school’s activities.
- Foster the invaluable Muslim character, as epitomised by the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W), in the growing personalities of our children.
- Teach respect towards all members of society and impart knowledge about their beliefs and customs, recognising the great number of values and aspirations we have in common.